What else can you do to help…
I'm sure that most of you have seen our mission statement. We have been in existence for 20 years and our mission has been the same.
When we started we took dogs from owner surrenders and shelters without ever leaving one behind for medical reasons or age. Recently we have been asked to take dogs that live in countries where they live out on the street with little to no hope of getting a family to love them. Over the past three years we have taken almost 50 dogs from Turkey. They have turned out to be loving family members who are so appreciative of their new life. Recently, we were asked to help a national project to save 75 dogs from the China meat industry. These dogs are a challenge for us to bring to the United States as their air fare and vet care prior to leaving their original home is quite expensive.
Here are some things that you can do to help us with these dogs as well as our own domestic dogs who we never leave without everything that they need.
Support our fundraisers by joining us at the events that we attend:
- Long Island Pet Expo (we always need volunteers for this weekend)
- Gold for Goldens
- Our annual rescue parade
- Camp Goldstock - held each year on Labor Day weekend at a sleep away camp in Pennsylvania.
- Tell your friends about our wonderful Wall of Fame
- Volunteer to help us at the airport
- Offer to foster – application on the website