Long Island Golden Retriever Rescue, Inc. (LIGRR) is a non-profit organization operated exclusively by volunteers dedicated to improving the quality of life of Golden Retrievers who are neglected, abused, or abandoned. Services are also provided to owners who can no longer care for their Golden Retriever. It is our mission to provide veterinary care and loving adoptive homes for any Golden in need - no matter whether the dog is a young puppy or a senior citizen.
Note: Please call us when you send a fax so we can look for it.
- Postal address:
- Long Island Golden Retriever Rescue, Inc.
P.O. Box 566
Plainview, New York 11803-0566
- Electronic mail (email):
As a volunteer organization, we are dependent on the generous donations of our supporters.
In order to help raise funds, we have a number of items which are made by our volunteers and sold. These items are shown on the Fund Raising page. Of course, if you wish to donate to our cause, you can by simply sending the donation to the address shown on the "Contact Us" tab.
Please be aware that our organization is a 501(c)(3) corporation, and, as such, your contributions are tax deductible.
Here are some easy ways to help LIGRR:
Make check payable to LIGRR and mail to:
P. O. Box 566
Plainview, NY 11803-0566
- Make a donation using PayPal:
- When you are out walking with your dog set your cell phone on http://www.wooftrax.com and select Long Island Golden Retriever Rescue and they will donate money to LIGRR based on how long you walk.
- When you search something on the web use http://www.goodsearch.com as your search engine.
When you shop at Amazon Smile, Amazon donates
0.5% of the purchase price to Long Island Golden
Retriever Rescue Inc. Bookmark the link
http://smile.amazon.com/ch/11-3479675 and support us every time you shop.
You can help LIGRR by donating your unwanted car to this
organization and chose Long Island Golden Retriever Rescue
as your charity.
There are two ways you can donate:
- Call the toll-free number 1-888-205-3420 to donate with our Customer Service Representatives.
- Use the link: https://www.donatecarusa.com/charity/long-island-golden-retriever-rescue/?template=affiliate
All dogs leave our program:
- fully vaccinated,
- spayed / neutered,
- heartworm & fecal tested
Any medically compromised golden is treated the best as we are able.
All dogs taken in incur boarding expenses of a minimum of $20/day.
The following table shows dogs rescued by year. The latest year is a year-to-date total as of December 31.
We also have links to all of our forms on this page.